As solar energy gains popularity and becomes a cheaper, more efficient option than ever, it unfortunately also opens eager customers up to scammers and unscrupulous companies. Many con artists are taking advantage of the growing interest in solar energy and have engineered schemes that can transform the dreams of residential solar power into a nightmare for certain homeowners. Unlike purchasing a house or a car, the majority of customers have little to no experience with photovoltaic (PV) systems. When done correctly, switching to PV solar can save customers money on their power and lower your carbon footprint. Read on for some tips on how to avoid solar power scams and enjoy these benefits! Stop Solar installs solar panels Florida residents trust. Call Stop Solar to install solar panels for your home today!
Avoiding Scams When Installing Solar Panels For Your Home
It can be difficult to distinguish a reputable solar company from a scammer, and scammers can come in many guises. From charming salespeople who come to the door to others who unleash a torrent of phone calls, emails, and letters, there are many things to watch out for. Here are some of our top tips to avoid solar scammers:
- Start without a contract- Some scammers pressure clients to sign a contract right away, while others try to convince people to start work without signing any legal documents at all. A reputable company like Stop Solarwill always insist on a contract and will assist you in having a thorough understanding. Moreover, don’t confuse a free estimate- which the majority of good solar companies will provide- with an actual contract. Certain shady companies will act like your estimate is your contract, when it’s not. Any contract you end up signing should be straightforward and easy to understand.
- Don’t sign anything right away- The hard sell is the biggest game of scammers. Their job is to get you to sign their contract, right away. Never let them bully you, and don’t sign anything until you’ve researched at least three solar companies. If any offers seem too good to be true, then it probably is. Reputable companies like Stop Solar will never be afraid of scrutiny.
Tips For Installing Solar Panels Florida Residents Trust
- References- Always look into the company’s track record. How long have they been doing this? Do they have a physical address? Chat with customers who have had installations done by that company, and take a peek at reviews.
- Look for warranties in the contract- Make sure to read over the warranty to ensure that it actually covers what the company says it covers. Do research and ask for references.
- Watch out for fake utility or government workers- Solar panel fraud generally begins with people who pretend they’re workers at well-known companies or for the government. Always check for proof of ID and check it on your own.
- Research tax benefits- There can be many tax benefits at both the state and federal level when you go solar. Many scammers will lie about these benefits.
Contact Us Today
If you’re installing solar panels for your home, there are certain things to watch out for. Stop Solar installs solar panels Florida residents trust. Call Stop Solar to install solar panels today!